Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rock N' Roll Compatability Required!!!


Back in 1975 when I met the woman who would become my wife and soulmate, I was immediately attracted to her for her incredible beauty and sense of humor. She was beauty contest gorgeous. I wouldn't normally have approached a woman like her. I hated rejection. (Who doesn't?) I was the Program Director of WORJ-Orlando, a great "Progressive Rock" radio station. It was more than the music back then. The station was the "center" of the counter-culture community. We lived the music and the life style. I would never even think about dating a woman who listened to Top 40 radio. What would I have in common with her? Music taste and the station you listened to, were a part of the "do I ask you out" litmus test. As it turned out, my future wife, Gay, turned out to be a giant Led Zeppelin fan. The rest is history. Now comes a website that helps match you up with your music soulmate. It's called RocknRollDating.com. Check it out if you're looking for someone who shares your love of Goth, Classic Rock, Jazz, Folk or whatever it is that makes you throw your arm in the air, lighters ablaze. This site addresses the question: Have you ever thought it a little odd that with all the dating sites out there, none of them seem to recognize the relevance of music compatibility in relationships? Ever gone out with someone only to find that their tastes in music are so far off the mark, that you couldn’t imagine being in a long-term relationship with them? Many of us have, and it is for that reason that RocknRollDating.com was created.
Long may their "Freak Flag" fly!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home