Monday, December 24, 2007

PAUL YESKEL


My dear friend, Paul Yeskel, has died. Paul and I go back to 1973 together, when I hired this enthusiastic young man from New Jersey to be my copywriter at WORJ in Orlando. Paul expanded that role to Copywriter-Promotions Director-DJ-Chief booker for The Southern Progressive Radio Network at WORJ. He was a true friend and will be missed dearly by me and my family.
My heart goes out to his wife, SHARON, daughters ALLISON and KATIE, brother DAVID, sister RONI and niece EMILY.

PAUL YESKEL, Founder/Pres. of AIM STRATEGIES, passed away in his sleep in the early hours of SUNDAY, DECEMBER 23rd. He was 56.

A memorial service will be held at Bloomfield Cooper, 44 Wilson Ave, Manalapan NJ 732.446.4242
Thursday, December 27th at 2PM

www.bloomfield-cooper.com

The family will be sitting Shiva on Thursday following the service and Friday only. 7 Kerry Ct, Old Bridge, NJ 732.679.6111

In lieu of flowers, if you wish to make a donation, please give in Paul's name to the NJ Sharing Network Foundation, 800.Share.NJ
www.sharenj.org

9 Comments:

Blogger Dan Kelley said...

Lee:

I am in shock. Paul had to be one of the most sincere, genuine people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing; through his AIM Strategies and his promotion of new music by classic rock artists.

The world has lost another one of the true good guys in this business.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear about this. Super-nice guy.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo sad to learn of Paul's passing. A genuinely good guy I've know since the mid-70's in Fla. radio. He'll be missed by all who've know him.

Stedman

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the kind words about my father.

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul was one of the great guys, a true and unconditional friend through thick and thin. I owe a great personal debt to this wonderful man who always supported me and many others with kindness, compassion, integrity and wisdom. What a loss for us all. God bless you and keep you Paul. Deepest sympathy to Paul's family.

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sad to hear of Paul's passing away. My deepest sympathy to his wife, daughters, and brother Dave. He was a good person and a super-nice guy, one of the true gentleman of the biz. He will be missed.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless Paul!
I first met Paul in the early 80's @ a WEA convention when I was working for WB Records. We shared our enthusiasm of music together. Some 20 years later Paul hired me @ Aezra Records & we worked together for 2 years together.
His honesty & gentle care will be missed not just in the music biz, but mainly on earth.
I pray for Paul and pray that Sharon, the girls and the rest of Paul's family will get through this sorrowful time through wonderful memories, faith and knowing the love that they all shared together.
peace & love,
Jeff Criden

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee-Regardless of any position I
held, Paul was a tremendous supporter and true friend.
He is misssed..

Rich Piombino

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My ex, Wendy, called today (1/13/08) to tell me that Paul had passed on. She and I knew Paul and Sharon well when I was a DJ, MD and PD in Hartford and Paul was with the three "A" labels. Although I left both radio and that marriage, and Wendy "got the Yeskels" in the settlement, I'll always remember Paul as a straight shooter, a generous and honest person with a good heart and great ears, and as a friend way beyond the realm of business. My condolences to his family; I'm sure that both radio and records are poorer for his premature passing.

Country Paul Payton

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home